Browns threw caution to the wind in pursuit of Deshaun Watson

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BrownsFan4Life
    Participant

and now they have to deal with fallout of missing out.

Full Article

A lot of rumors have been flying around saying Haslem was the one leading the charge and forcing his front office to pursue Watson so I just wanted to pass another one on from Terry Pluto who has said he was told this wasn’t just a decision fueled by owner Jimmy Haslam. The front office and coaches had investigated Watson’s case and had a “comfort level” with bringing him to Cleveland.

While I take it all with a grain of salt, if true it shows the Browns leadership thinks Watson is a significant upgrade over Mayfield based on the willingness to give up a minimum of three first round picks and possibly other players (nothing confirmed though).

Do the Browns and Mayfield break up or do they coexist? Only time will tell.

Ice
    Keymaster

I guess Dan Labbe is no fan of Baker’s. Saying that Winston, Mariotta, or even Garoppolo are upgrades to Mayfield is frankly stunning. Are my orange and brown glasses truly THAT thick?!? Is there anyone in the league who would choose Mariotta over Mayfield???

BrownsFan4Life
    Participant

Ice, take a look at their stats. They are very similar. It isn’t like anyone is comparing him to Sam Darnold.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Your home for all things Cleveland Browns

Skip to toolbar