Browns trading for Cooper

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Dawg E. Dawg
    Participant

They announced today we’re trading for Amari Cooper. Compensation is a fifth and we switch 6 round picks. Great move on that front, though we’re now on the hook for his salary.

I think it’s a great move. If we would’ve gone into the draft without adding a big wr, we would’ve been leapfrogged for sure. And if we don’t keep Jarvis, Cooper takes the pressure off any draft picks and gives them a vet to learn from.

A+++ move the way I see it

mike barnes
    Participant

A A+++ move for sure now we don’t have to draft a WR in round one if say a DE or DT is there we like.

the dude
    Participant

I like the trade, but dude is lazy. Landry us way better. Going to be another premaddona who exposes Mayfield as a bad qb.

Hue Jackson is a loser.

Dawg E. Dawg
    Participant

I like the trade, but dude is lazy. Landry us way better. Going to be another premaddona who exposes Mayfield as a bad qb.

I have heard he takes plays off, though I can say that I’ve seen it.

I do know he’s not a premadonna. He isn’t even on Twitter. They drafted CeeDee Lamb to replace him, and he never made a peep. And his route running is among the best in the league. Everything I’ve seen says he’s always where he’s supposed to be.

The biggest knock on him seems to be his injury history.

Dawg E. Dawg
    Participant

Ok, I don’t understand why people are baggin on him for injuries. According to NFL.com he’s played at least 14 games every year of his career.

I’m going to call that BS. Right there with people bagging on Jarvis for injuries, even though he never missed a start in his career prior to 2021.

the dude
    Participant

I really hope he works out.

Hue Jackson is a loser.

BrownsFan4Life
    Participant

Amari Cooper is a definite upgrade from Landry. This move is a no brainer. Paying 4 million more for Cooper was an easy decision.

I liked Landry and he helped change the culture of the team but he isn’t worth 16 million a year. He had a bad season last year. He played through some injuries but dropped passes in key moments (much like all the receivers).

Now we just have to wonder who will be throwing him the ball.

Ice
    Keymaster

I think we need to stop thinking of Cooper as a replacement for Landry, he’s a replacement for OBJ. We haven’t replaced Landry yet.

the dude
    Participant

I think we need to stop thinking of Cooper as a replacement for Landry, he’s a replacement for OBJ. We haven’t replaced Landry yet.

Not true at all! With our qb situation, signing Jason Ice would be the same output!

Hue Jackson is a loser.

Ice
    Keymaster

You sonofabich. Reported.

BrownsFan4Life
    Participant

Jarvis Landry’s replacement may well be Jarvis Landry. The Browns are in contact with his agents and hopefully they can work out a deal.

Ice
    Keymaster

Fingers crossed.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Your home for all things Cleveland Browns

Skip to toolbar