DS’s Browns REPLACE Baker Mayfield mock

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    DawgSoldier
    Participant

Until Mafield can show he can operate from within the pocket like Bresse and Wilson, I am afraid you gonna see a lot more these.

My group of 5 of Top college QB’s right now:
    Lawerence, Clemson….Fields, tOSU….Wilson, BYU….
    Lance, NDST…..Trask, Fla….
    The last 3 are tied for 3rd place right NOW if this were a ranking order FYI.

Round 1 Pick 20 Kyle Trask, QB, Florida
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 239.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.8.
    Trask is is completeing over 70% of his passes this year and runs a pro style O. He is big strong and mobile in the pocket and athletic enought for play action fakes and boots. He has a big arm but also can change speeds and but air under if need be.

Round 2 Pick 20 Israel Mukuamu, CB, South Carolina
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 205.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.52.
    Ok Joe Woods runs a cover 3 D that calls for tall CB’s. Mukuanu is probabally the best CB of that type in the draft. Also a guy like this will give Big WR’s and TE’s fits as well.

Round 3 Pick 16 Bubba Bolden*, S, Miami
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 200.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.53.
    Basically a more athletic version of Ronnie Harrison whom the Browns traded for and likely be the big Nickle safety on Nickle downs as harrison would be the SS and Delphit would be the FS.

Round 3 Pick 19 Aidan Hutchinson, DE, Michigan
    Height: 6-6. Weight: 278.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.86.
    Basically a replacement for both Vernon and Clayborn.

Round 4 Pick 9 Paddy Fisher, ILB, Northwestern
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 241.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.78.
    A poor mans Luke Kuechly as in. All he does is make the right reads and make the tackle but isn’t as athletic as Kuechly was.

Round 4 Pick 20 Garret Wallow, ILB, TCU
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 230.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.68.
    Makes alot of tackles for TCU and plays all over the field as the Big 12 is basketball on grass. So he can cover some.

Round 5 Pick 23 Khyiris Tonga, DT, BYU
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 321.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.48.
    A big run stuffing rotational DT. I think the roster lacks this.

Round 6 Pick 20: Christian Uphoff, S, Illinois State
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 195.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.58.
    Special Teams player & DB project.

Round 7 Pick 24: Vincent Gray*, CB, Michigan
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 185.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.54.
    Special Teams player & DB project.

http://cloudassetserver.com/STL/posts/185/sp_04_976x0.jpg

MDP Sack Attack
    Participant

Nah, has to be a safety first, unless there’s a linebacker or game-changing defensive end staring at us when we make the pick. We’re giving up 31 points per game. Third worst in the league, and it’s not something which has improved as the year had gone on. That we’re 4-2 at this point says our offense can hang. If Baker can’t get us to the playoffs after two years in the same system with the same head coach, then it’s time to explore our options. Ideally a veteran, because we’ll be in “win now” mode. Luckily, the market for veteran quarterbacks who can lead great teams has been excellent these last few years… mostly because teams are giving up on their young guys too easily.

DawgSoldier
    Participant

Nah, has to be a safety first, unless there’s a linebacker or game-changing defensive end staring at us when we make the pick. We’re giving up 31 points per game. Third worst in the league, and it’s not something which has improved as the year had gone on. That we’re 4-2 at this point says our offense can hang. If Baker can’t get us to the playoffs after two years in the same system with the same head coach, then it’s time to explore our options. Ideally a veteran, because we’ll be in “win now” mode. Luckily, the market for veteran quarterbacks who can lead great teams has been excellent these last few years… mostly because teams are giving up on their young guys too easily.

As for Defense 1st Mock if there is a DE worth taking that can get pressure opposite Garret I’d rather go that way. If Baker shows he can be the guy (whatever that is to the staff that didn’t draft him) cool, if not then I like the Trask as a reasonable option to draft.

Ice
    Keymaster

No OSU players? Sorry… no tOSU players???

DawgSoldier
    Participant

No OSU players? Sorry… no tOSU players???

Nope, any other thoughts or questions?

Ice
    Keymaster

I don’t even start thinking about the draft until we’re eliminated from contention. In the past that has been October but we’re 4-2 right now.

the dude
    Participant

I don’t even start thinking about the draft until we’re eliminated from contention. In the past that has been October but we’re 4-2 right now.

It’s tradition ds starts his draft threads about drafting a qb right now like soups tradition of firing a coach after 1 drive in the first game of the season.

Remember the season with Charlie frye on his first drive and getting a false start, safety and fumble? Traded the next day.

Hue Jackson is a loser.

DawgSoldier
    Participant

It’s tradition ds starts his draft threads about drafting a qb right now like soups tradition of firing a coach after 1 drive in the first game of the season.
    Remember the season with Charlie frye on his first drive and getting a false start, safety and fumble? Traded the next day.

SO it’s not concerning Baker can’t play within the pocket in year 3?

Shooter

DS, I;ll say the same thing I said to Soup in the other thread, to you.

Baker Mayfield completed 22 consecutive passes over 5 consecutive TD drives with all 5 TD’s coming from him, the last one being an 80 yard drive with 1:06 on the clock and no timeouts for a come from behind victory on the road against a division rival, and all you can talk about is who we’re gonna draft to replace him?

Jesus fucking Christ, this is why I say that Browns fans are the dumbest group of fans in the entire league. It’s not even close.

The guy played 1 bad quarter, going 0-5, and from that point on was literally, LITERALLY flawless, perfect, for the remaining 3 quarters in a win and the only thing people want to say is dumb shit like “well yeah but…….”

Fuckouttahere with that nonsense.

DawgSoldier
    Participant

DS, I;ll say the same thing I said to Soup in the other thread, to you.
    Baker Mayfield completed 22 consecutive passes over 5 consecutive TD drives with all 5 TD’s coming from him, the last one being an 80 yard drive with 1:06 on the clock and no timeouts for a come from behind victory on the road against a division rival, and all you can talk about is who we’re gonna draft to replace him?
    Jesus fucking Christ, this is why I say that Browns fans are the dumbest group of fans in the entire league. It’s not even close.
    The guy played 1 bad quarter, going 0-5, and from that point on was literally, LITERALLY flawless, perfect, for the remaining 3 quarters in a win and the only thing people want to say is dumb shit like “well yeah but…….”
    Fuckouttahere with that nonsense.

he did it vs the Bengals who were the worst team in football last year. A number 1 overall pick at QB should be able to beat bottom feeder teams. The Ravens and steelers games will be where the true evaluation begins.

DO I want Mayfield to succeed? HELL YES. Same as I wanted Kitchens to succeed. I really like Baker and Freddie as people. Am I glad Freddie is gonne. Yup, because the team is better coached.

In my mind Mayfield is at fork in the road. Is he or isn’t he the guy? My Mock is just a scenario were he isn’t. I really want him to be the guy because good lord does that defense need some HELP!

soup
    Participant

Bakers issue is simple.

Year 1: told to work on XYZ
    Year 2: told to forget year one and work on ABC
    Year 3: told to forget ABCXYZ and work on QFJ.

That’s why it’s taken so long. Stefanski also wised up after Q1 and went to quick hit reads.

To me the biggest key will be post bye.

Also, enough of the bullshit “it’s the Bengals and they were the worst last year”

Carson Wentz – your favorite NFL QB had 1 TD and 2 ints in a Bengals tie. Lamar Jackson had 2 TDS and 1 int.

Baker had 5 TDs and 1 int. To dismiss it because he played against the Bengals means every QB playing the Bengals does it

Freedom!!!

Dawg E. Dawg
    Participant

Bakers issue is simple.
    Year 1: told to work on XYZ
    Year 2: told to forget year one and work on ABC
    Year 3: told to forget ABCXYZ and work on QFJ.
    That’s why it’s taken so long. Stefanski also wised up after Q1 and went to quick hit reads.
    To me the biggest key will be post bye.
    Also, enough of the bullshit “it’s the Bengals and they were the worst last year”
    Carson Wentz – your favorite NFL QB had 1 TD and 2 ints in a Bengals tie. Lamar Jackson had 2 TDS and 1 int.
    Baker had 5 TDs and 1 int. To dismiss it because he played against the Bengals means every QB playing the Bengals does it

This is everything I was going to say, but now don’t have to.

I keep hearing that people are making excuses for Baker, but the reality is, the Baker haters are the ones making excuses.

“He’s not a winner
    *team starts winning this yeaR

“They’re winning inspire of him. When they need him to throw to win the game, he can’t.”
    *throws 5 TD including 2 in the 4th quarter to take the lead

“Yeah, but he can only do it against the bengals.”

Stop with excuses. He’s good. Don’t understand why that’s so hard for people to admit.

BrownsFan4Life
    Participant

Baker didn’t just play one bad quarter. He had thrown 5 interceptions in the last 6 quarters in what was 7 bad quarter. The 2nd half against the Colts, the entire last game and the first quarter against Cincy.

Now, with all that being said, He played a great freaking game after the first quarter and was perfect. He was 22 of his last 23 for 297 yards and 5, read that again, 5 TDs. His lone incompletion was a spike to stop the clock.

I don’t care what team he is playing, that is incredible. Even better is that it wasn’t like it was dink and dunk either.

You say it was against the Bengals like it doesn’t count but it does. Please tell me how many QBs have had 21 consecutive completions in a game in which they threw 5 TDs. He also led a game winning drive of 75 yards with 1:06 on the clock and no timeouts.

Before this game I had given up on him. Now I still do not know if Baker is the guy and I still don’t know he isn’t.

Dawg E. Dawg
    Participant

This was a fun thread. Akin to Soups “Fire Stefanski” thread five minutes into the season.

With all due respect DS, and I mean with ALL DUE RESPECT, you can shove this thread straight up your ass.

DawgSoldier
    Participant

Until Mafield can show he can operate from within the pocket like Bresse and Wilson, I am afraid you gonna see a lot more these.

from my OP: Until Mafield can show he can operate from within the pocket like Bresse and Wilson, I am afraid you gonna see a lot more these.

Guess what Mayfield has been doing…..

This is why I use qualifiers in statements like this. You always have a dufus trying to play gotcha. Nice try but you failed.

Dawg E. Dawg
    Participant

Baker is much better than Brees in his first 3 years. Hell, Brees had more picks than tds in year 3. Russ had a better TD to int ratio, but with an all world defense and beast mode, he was asked to do even less than Baker is. If not for Kitchens shitting all over last year, it wouldn’t even be close.

So, the 2 guys you hand picked to say Baker isn’t good enough weren’t as good as Baker is now when they were 3 years into their respective careers.

soup
    Participant

I’d like to add Ben threw 17 TDs and 23 ints in his 3rd year

Freedom!!!

DawgSoldier
    Participant

Baker is much better than Brees in his first 3 years. Hell, Brees had more picks than tds in year 3. Russ had a better TD to int ratio, but with an all world defense and beast mode, he was asked to do even less than Baker is. If not for Kitchens shitting all over last year, it wouldn’t even be close.
    So, the 2 guys you hand picked to say Baker isn’t good enough weren’t as good as Baker is now when they were 3 years into their respective careers.

Lets put it this way Baker Mayfield actually agreed with my critisms of him be cause he said the samethings about himself and missing wide open targets in games past.

Now on Baker as developing QB.
    Can he win a game for his team vs a good team: yes
    Awesome we have growth right before our eyes.

Now is it fair to say the titans have a shitty pass rush and suck on 3rd down Defense and pass defense as well? It’s entirely fair because it is true. Does this take anything away from him? No not in my booK.

But can he do anything close to that vs the the Rats and the Steelers who have a good pass rush and a good pass coverager D? In my mind thats a fair question.

Why you ask? Because if your QB isn’t good enough to get you to a division title by beating divisional opponents. Then you have to ask your self if you have the right guy.

Now are we there yet, Nope, But is it a valid question, yup.

Shooter

Anyone who doesn’t see that Baker Mayfield is the QB of this team, it’s leader, and a upper echelon QB in the NFL is blind.

He’s already proven it. If you can’t see it that’s your blind ass fault. Dudes a stud, period.

the dude
    Participant

Dudes a stud, period.

Thanks shooter always coming through for me.

Hue Jackson is a loser.

DawgSoldier
    Participant

Anyone who doesn’t see that Baker Mayfield is the QB of this team, it’s leader, and a upper echelon QB in the NFL is blind.

He’s already proven it. If you can’t see it that’s your blind ass fault. Dudes a stud, period.

At the point in time of the OP Mayfield hadn’t proved that he could.

From the OP:Until Mafield can show he can operate from within the pocket like Bresse and Wilson, I am afraid you gonna see a lot more these.

Now shooter really you gonna come weak at me with some stuff I said over a month ago and be like a lil kid and say SEE SEE I told you. When I clearly qualified the statement.

Don’t make me bring out my Jederick WIlls pimp hand:

BrownsFan4Life
    Participant

Baker isn’t great and he isn’t a bust. He has shown flashes of greatness along with flashes of bust.
    I’d call him a middle of the pack QB that can elevate his game. He has shown a lot of improvement this year and I hope it continues.

Dawg E. Dawg
    Participant

I don’t know what more he needs to do. The OP was ridiculous at the time, and it’s ridiculous now. Some qbs come in and look amazing and people think it’s normal, but those qbs are usually smoke and mirrors and end up failing later. Kaepernick. RG3. Famous Jameis. Now with Kyler. You could throw Wentz in there too. MOST QBs take years to develop. Pulling the plug mid development is ludicrous. Really only Mahomes and Watson have defied this trend over the past decade.

As far as this year goes, please tell me where Baker has failed. I’d love to hear it. His first game in a new offense with no offseason because of COVID? Get out of here with that shit. The game in Pittsburgh? Yes, the best defense in football bad him look bad like they make all QBs look bad. Big whoop. Give me a 3rd game.

Think about this: aside from 3 terrible weather games and the 2 games mentioned above, the Browns have scored less than 30 once. ONCE. And that time they scored 27.

The other six games, the Browns scored in the 30s FOUR times, and twice in the forties. For perspective, in the FOUR YEARS before Mayfield, the Browns scored 30 or more points twice. TWICE. 2 times in for years. Six times in 11 games with Mayfield.

Shooter

In his last 6 games, He’s completed 64% of his passes, over 1300 yarrds, 11 TD’s and 1 INT and the Browns are 5-1.

And that’s with 3 of those games being played in ridiculous weather conditions that made throwing the football nearly a moot point.

People see what they want to see. They make up their minds that someone just isn’t good, nothing they do or anyone says to them can change their mind.

People also don’t want to take into consideration that Baker is on his 4th head coach, 4th offensive coordinator, and 3rd system in his 3 years of playing. That is an incredible handicap to overcome and a huge disservice to his his development.

But people don’t care. It’s just ridiculous the criticism he’s taken, because most of it is unwarranted. He’s a top 10 QB, and is someone you would definitely build a team around. Period.

soup
    Participant

Don’t forget the 5 drops on perfect throws otherwise it’s 6-0. More perspective- we are 30th in the NFL in pass attempts. We are 8th in the NFL in drops with 17. At least 3 of those drops are would be TDs

Freedom!!!

MDP Sack Attack
    Participant

I would love to find the archives of Dawgbones so we could dig up each other’s bad takes.

RIP “The Brady Train”.

soup
    Participant

I would love to find the archives of Dawgbones so we could dig up each other’s bad takes.
    RIP “The Brady Train”.

Good like finding a bad take by me! (*pulls plug on the internet*)

Freedom!!!

Shooter

A buddy of mine sent me a screenshot last week of a text I sent him where I was salivating over Zach Mettenberger. I couldn’t help but laugh lol.

soup
    Participant

A buddy of mine sent me a screenshot last week of a text I sent him where I was salivating over Zach Mettenberger. I couldn’t help but laugh lol.

I forgot about that guy.

Freedom!!!

Ice
    Keymaster

RIP “The Brady Train”.

Reported for personal attacks.

the dude
    Participant

How many pages was that thread….

Dare I say his name…. TREE

Hue Jackson is a loser.

soup
    Participant

Dare I say his name…. TREE

Don’t you dare say it 2 more times..

Freedom!!!

Ice
    Keymaster

“ShOuLdN’t YoU Be oUt ThErE WiTh tHeM??!?”
    – Many hot girls to Tree while watching practice, allegedly

Ice
    Keymaster

MDP Sack Attack
    Participant

“IF I CAN MAKE THOSE THROWS CONSISTENTLY IN PICKUP GAMES THEY CAN MAKE THEM IN THE NFL”

GABrownsFan
    Participant

“ShOuLdN’t YoU Be oUt ThErE WiTh tHeM??!?”
    – Many hot girls to Tree while watching practice, allegedly

Paraphrasing: “Sometimes I think that if things had just gone a little bit differently, I would be…”

the dude
    Participant

I forgot Ices alter ego BradyQuinnsBiggestFan10

Hue Jackson is a loser.

BrownsFan4Life
    Participant

RIP “The Brady Train”.

Nah, lets not do that because every single one of us had said some dumb shit. Of course some more than others. LMAO.

Ice
    Keymaster

I forgot Ices alter ego BradyQuinnsBiggestFan10

Nah, lets not do that because every single one of us had said some dumb shit. Of course some more than others. LMAO.

This whole thread has become a personal attack on me. Everyone gets 3 demerits and loses 12 internet points.

Shooter

Nah, lets not do that because every single one of us had said some dumb shit.

Even me?!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Your home for all things Cleveland Browns

Skip to toolbar