Game balls and goats week 1- vs Panthers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    soup
    Participant

Game ball:

Cade York – 4/4 FG 2/2 XP – 58 yard game winner. We’d have made the playoffs if we had a kicker last year. He was unreal and deserves ST player of the week and early MVP front runner.

Nick Chubb – I mean come on. this dude is ridiculous

Refs – Thank you. Finally handed us a win. That was unquestionably intentional grounding.

Panthers D – for dropping a pick and stupidly committing DPI on the worst throw I’ve ever seen. And the final drive roughing the passer.

Goats:

Brissett – this game shouldn’t have been close. 0-2 on guys 5 yards behind the defense. The 3rd one he didn’t even throw. Less than 4.5 YPA.

Stefanski – we have a kicker and he goes for it on 4th down when we didn’t need to.

Freedom!!!

GABrownsFan
    Participant

More on that roughing the passer penalty.

soup
    Participant

I know. That’s why I brought up only the messed up intentional grounding call. Refs handed it to us

Freedom!!!

Ice
    Keymaster

I think we should give a game ball to Brissett. He sucks so bad that Stefanski was forced to run the ball.

Goat to Cade York’s mustache. That mustache belongs on a guy trying to lure kids into his van with candy.

BrownsFan4Life
    Participant

He definitely had a few throws that if they had been made, this would have been a laugher. He didn’t turn the ball over though and was only sacked one time. I don’t remember any batted balls either. Hopefully he improves or we are in trouble.

The defense, after playing a pretty good first half (most of it), but crumbled in the second half. Giving up a 75 yard TD pass late in the game was pathetic. Then allowing Carolina to March down the field for a go ahead FG was almost as bad.

This was definitely a game that we have lost in the past, being on the other end of a bad call and losing late after blowing a lead and not being able to recover. Fortunately for us, the refs blew the intentional grounding call (how many bad calls have cost us games over the years) and gave us an opportunity for a 58 yard game winner. I will take this win but they need to work on some things for sure.

I think we should give a game ball to Brissett. He sucks so bad that Stefanski was forced to run the ball.
    Goat to Cade York’s mustache. That mustache belongs on a guy trying to lure kids into his van with candy.

EDITED………

Upon further review, it was definitely a roughing the passer
    So the only question was the ever so slightly delayed spike.

GABrownsFan
    Participant

Matt Rhule’s complaint regarding Jacoby Brissett spike misses the mark

More on the spike from Florio. I’d have to go back and watch it again myself, but this is what he saw.

“Along the way, I realized a fairly important fact. I had yet to watch the play. So I did.

Brissett immediately began a continuous throwing motion to spike the ball. He spiked it quickly. Also, while not moving his left foot, he took a big step backward with his right foot. It made the play look odd and unconventional. But it complied with Item 3.

Also, Item 4 (which some have been quoting) doesn’t apply. There was no delay in the passing action for strategic purposes. There was no delay at all.”

DawgSoldier
    Participant

DPJ was money all day. He gets a game ball in my book.

http://cloudassetserver.com/STL/posts/185/sp_04_976x0.jpg

BrownsFan4Life
    Participant

125 of the Panthers’ 261 yards came on two plays. The 55 yarder late in the first half and the 75 yard TD with 6:02 left in the game.

The other bad part was the 7 play 64 yard FG drive by the Panthers late in the 4th quarter.

If not for the 75 yard play and the 64 yard FG drive, I would have said they played a great game.

I am not sure what changed in the second half aside from us being outcoached once again but the defense seemed to crumble under the pressure.

DawgSoldier
    Participant

http://cloudassetserver.com/STL/posts/185/sp_04_976x0.jpg

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Your home for all things Cleveland Browns

Skip to toolbar