Game balls and goats week 12 vs Jax Refs

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    soup
    Participant

Game ball

Nick Chubb – best player in the NFL

Sendejo – played really well today finally

Atalanta Falcons – for kicking the crap out of the awful Raiders

Titans – for beating the shit out of the Colts

Goats:

Harrison Bryant – TD drop and fumble

Officials – 2 bullshit holdi NY calls on Tretter in key spots.

Took away 2 clear cut first downs by Hunt

Didn’t call t he clear cut defenseless reciever call

Called Vernon for a helmet hit while ignoring he was pushed in t he back into Glennon

Fuck the cheating refs. Next 2 games will be near impossible to win bc the refs will be directed to cheat harder than this week which they knew was an absolute must win game for us

Freedom!!!

mike barnes
    Participant

Game balls
    Chubb and Hunt best 1-2 punch in the league
    Baker not perfect but made throws when he had to
    Laundry was a beast today
    Hodge big catches
    Sendejo actually played a good game

Goats
    Coach Stefanski going for it on fourth and inches up by 8 a FG would have given us an 11 point lead.
    Refs what a joke but we overcame it to win anyways

the dude
    Participant

Really bad challenge by Stefanski today.

But overall even with refs and their ridiculous calls, the Browns over came and all deserve a gameball

Hue Jackson is a loser.

Dawg E. Dawg
    Participant

That first challenge on Harrison’s dropped TD…woof. What was he thinking.

The refs…I don’t know what they were doing. Calling Hunt down 2 yards short when he clearly wasn’t down was absolutely absurd. But then they got the spot wrong (should’ve been a 1st if they spotted it correctly), AND wrongfully take the challenge and charge Cleveland a timeout. Then they make the same mistake on the 4th down play? Insane!

And that holding call on Tretter at the end of the game…softest call I’ve ever seen. ESPECIALLY considering the league has been overlooking holding this entire season. You can’t tell me that wasn’t intentionally thrown to help JAX.

the dude
    Participant

@dawg and even after they fixed the spot, was it not a first down…..???

Hue Jackson is a loser.

MDP Sack Attack
    Participant

Gameball to Callie Brownson, the first female to be a position coach in an NFL game. It’s undoubtedly taken an unbelievable amount of hard work and mental toughness for her to get this far.

Dawg E. Dawg
    Participant

@dawg and even after they fixed the spot, was it not a first down…..???

It should have been, but they spotted it horribly. They moved it up 2 yards because they acknowledged Hunt wasn’t down, but the line to gain was the 21, so the ref basically said “we’re going to mark it short for the line to gain, then measure to see if he made the line to gain.”

On the 4th down play, I have nothing. They showed the ball and the marker, it was a first down, and the refs gave it to Jacksonville.

BrownsFan4Life
    Participant

Gameballs
    Chubb
    Landry
    Sendejo
    Jags coach going for 2 after making the extra point. Then being down by 2 at the end forcing him to go for 2 again. That is a move that Freddie Kitchens or Hugh Jackson would have made.
    Brownson made history today. Congrats to her.

The defense struggled most of the day but if you look at it, they were missing a Garrett, Ward, Takitaki, and Gustin. Plus they have missed Greedy Willams and Grant Delpit all year. Ronnie Harrison only played 1 down before he was hurt.

Goats
    The officiating was horrible. A couple of questionable spots and some bogus penalties and no calls.
    I almost had a stroke when Stefanski didn’t kick the FG to go up by 11.

The BIGGEST GOAT of the game goes to Harrison Bryant with his fumble after the catch on our first possession of the 3rd quarter. Not sure why this hasn’t been mentioned by anyone else.

We won the game in spite of a slew of mistakes.

MDP Sack Attack
    Participant

This gets Baker a Gameball

DawgSoldier
    Participant

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

SO Baker to his credit talked about the missed TD throws. That shit needs to stop.

If the Browns want to beat Tenn Bal or Pit. Baker can’t leave points on the field like that. It’s not like it was a weather issue in Florida.

Not a GOAT because the Browns wonm but no game ball.

http://cloudassetserver.com/STL/posts/185/sp_04_976x0.jpg

soup
    Participant

SO Baker to his credit talked about the missed TD throws. That shit needs to stop.
    If the Browns want to beat Tenn Bal or Pit. Baker can’t leave points on the field like that. It’s not like it was a weather issue in Florida.

I agree, at the same time the 2nd and 11 throw to Landry and the sideline throw and the throw to Hodge were incredible. He’s still new to the offense and players outside Landry. At least he’s not Wentz 😁

I saw something today that over his last 5 games the Browns are 4-1 7 TDs and 0 ints. He’s markedly improved from 2019 overall

Freedom!!!

Ice
    Keymaster

This gets Baker a Gameball

Seconded.

soup
    Participant

😂 @DawgSoldier I think t he first time I hit “quote” I accidentally hit “report” on your post. I do this from my phone and they run together.

Freedom!!!

Dawg E. Dawg
    Participant

Damn report button, too close to the quote button, lol.

But seriously. The browns put up 27 points yesterday. In spite of a fumble from Bryant, and getting absolutely hosed by the refs.

27 is the same as what the Steelers put up on them last week, and more than the packers and Texans in the weeks before that. Those qbs threw picks against the jags. Baker did not.

And so many people want to talk about the missed TD and missing Hunt in the flat. Guess what? ALL qbs miss throws. 100% of qbs miss throws. Was yesterday a little sloppy at times? Sure. But don’t drag Bakers 19/29 for 258 and 2 TD performance down because of a few missed throws. Specially when he made some HUGE 3rd down throws that more than offset the few he missed.

Ice
    Keymaster

Gameballs:
    Hodge – That one catch at the sideline was amazing. Yeah he dropped one too but he’s improving and getting noticed. The air guitar has got to go though.
    Chubb- for all the reasons you guys said PLUS the fact that he will pull himself when he gets a little winded so Hunt can go nuts for a couple plays. He is amazingly unselfish. His facial expression when he scores a tough TD is the same as when he runs 1 yard.
    Coaches – 8 and 3!!!! Committing to the run even when it didn’t start out working.
    Scottish Hammer – He’s been punting for weeks with a groin strain. That’s gotta feel about as good as golfing with a broken arm.

GOATS:
    Sendejo – Some of you guys need to rewatch the game. Yeah Archuleta said a nice comment about him at the end of the game and the bloody face looks tough, but he was a disaster again most of the game. He had one of the worst missed tackles I’ve seen in a long time. I still have yet to see him use his arms effectively to bring someone down. All he does is launch his head at someone hoping to deliver a huge blow. He’s about 20% huge blows and 50% huge misses.
    The refs – I had people who aren’t Browns fans texting me that they heard we were getting jobbed. It was a very poorly done game. Also the head ump pronounced “Penalty” like “Piddledee” and that got on my nerves. Hey look, another piddledee on Teller for nothing. How about a phantom piddledee on Vernon for sacking the QB. Way too many piddledees. Just let them play the game.
    And don’t get @Shooter started about that non-first down that was totally a first down.

soup
    Participant

@ice according to PFF Sendejo graded out at 77. 2nd highest on Browns D. In position on the 2pt. And stopped a TD that for whatever reason Mitchell took his time on when he could’ve easily picked it off

Freedom!!!

DawgSoldier
    Participant

Damn report button, too close to the quote button, lol.
    But seriously. The browns put up 27 points yesterday. In spite of a fumble from Bryant, and getting absolutely hosed by the refs.
    27 is the same as what the Steelers put up on them last week, and more than the packers and Texans in the weeks before that. Those qbs threw picks against the jags. Baker did not.
    And so many people want to talk about the missed TD and missing Hunt in the flat. Guess what? ALL qbs miss throws. 100% of qbs miss throws. Was yesterday a little sloppy at times? Sure. But don’t drag Bakers 19/29 for 258 and 2 TD performance down because of a few missed throws. Specially when he made some HUGE 3rd down throws that more than offset the few he missed.

It’s not missed throws that really bug me. It’s missed throws to uncovered guys for scores or 1st downs that drive me bonkers. And it’s not like he was getting smashed by the pass rush or it was a weather issue.

Heard this quote about Baker on “Speak for yourself” Dude can throw a card into a deck of cards on some plays on others he could hit the ocean while sitting boat. The guy is maddeningly inconsistant on easy throws. I mean these are type of easy throws high school qb’s make at a regular clip. I don’t get it.

Oh on thr Bryant fumble. I thought it was more of an excellent play by Shobert he used text book technique to force a fumble.

http://cloudassetserver.com/STL/posts/185/sp_04_976x0.jpg

Shooter

Anyone giving Sendejo a game ball is insane. He didn’t play a good game, it’s just the fact that he didn’t play a horrifically awful one that makes it stand out and seem good. It wasn’t. He’s still a useless bum with no business being on the field. We just didn’t see him flailing helplessly, giving up 3 TD’s, being shockingly out of position, or taking out any of our players on idiotic plays where he’s wildly throwing his body around for absolutely no reason.

He had a pass breakup. One. A, singular, pass breakup. He’s our starting safety and has played every defensive snap this season, and it took that dude until game 11 to get his first pass defensed. JJ Watt had 4 in one game last week and he’s a defensive lineman.

Sendejo is a bum, and he did NOT, have a good game at all. He just wasn’t comically god-awful.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Your home for all things Cleveland Browns

Skip to toolbar