Have you finally seen the light?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    soup
    Participant

Stefanski must be fired. There’s literally no one worse. Manningcast – Eli, Peyton, Aaron Rodgers and Cowher all tore Stefanski in half.

2nd worst rush D in the NFL and he ran 19 times and dropped back to pass 48 times.

He left a rookie RT one on one with TJ Watt.

We needed all 3 TO for a chance at the end. He calls a QB sneak and a TO.

There’s absolutely positively no reason whatsoever to keep him as coach. None.

No upgrade QB will watch film and say “great scheme, great receivers (7 drops last night) great Zrunbgane he refuses to use. I think I’ll play there.”

Stick a fork in him. Our window has closed. The Clowns are back. Depodesta and Stefanski must be fired.

Jury’s out on Berry. Last years draft SUCKED. The first 2 rounds this year look really good. He needs to ace this one and then find a real football coach.

Freedom!!!

Ice
    Keymaster

What the fuck is a “Zrunbgane”?

I started off watching the Manning cast, expecting to learn a lot. I switched back to the broadcast halfway through the 2nd quarter because I couldn’t stand it anymore. Very little football discussion. Real missed opportunity for the Mannings. They should dump guests entirely or maybe just 1 guest per game for 1 quarter.

Playcalling was BAD. I understand what he was *trying to do. He runs the same play 3 times and then the 4th time everything looks like he’s about to run that exact play but instead it’s something completely different. He’s spending way too much time trying to outsmart the defense instead of outplaying them. We need to get back and simplify and focus on execution. Up until the last 5 minutes of the game we were within one score… run the fucking ball.

soup
    Participant

*run game

Stefanski purposely put that game plan out there to willfully destroy Mayfield. Aaron Rodgers literally said “it looks like he’s trying to put him in a bad spot.”

Stefanskis ego cost us out window.

Yesterday: 48 dropbacks and 19 runs

Previous 5 game average with Mayfield/Stefanski 38 drop backs and 22 runs.

He doesn’t run a “run first” offense in any sense of the word. He lost the team back in October.

His stunt last night means Keenum or our first round pick will be the starting QB next year with a new HC in 2023

Freedom!!!

Ice
    Keymaster

It reeks of ego to me. Gets named coach of the year last year (and deservedly so) and this year thinks he can outsmart guys that have been doing this for decades. He might be smarter but there’s still a learning curve. Intelligence and experience are two very different things and one cannot replace the other.

Dawg E. Dawg
    Participant

The whole game was f’ing bizarre. Stefanski said after the game Chubbs runs got hurt early. Ok, if that’s true, why keep playing him at all? I can understand pulling him if he’s hurt, but running him less? Makes absolutely no sense.

And that still doesn’t explain why D’Ernest didn’t get more carries, if Chubb was hurt.

Giving Watt free rein to terrorize Hudson? Why?

They never attempted to move Baker outside the pocket at all, even though he showed late in the game that his mobility is good. They didn’t attempt any quick throws to keep the pass rush off balance.

I honestly don’t know. I’m at a complete loss this morning. I cannot process what I witnessed last night.

Ice
    Keymaster

Stefanski purposely put that game plan out there to willfully destroy Mayfield. Aaron Rodgers literally said “it looks like he’s trying to put him in a bad spot.”

I don’t believe that. If he truly HATES Baker he can use any of a thousand excuses to let him go. He doesn’t have to willfully lose games and put his players in bad positions. I think this is more of a guy who had his ego stroked too much and tries to think himself out of situations instead of letting his players do what they do best.

soup
    Participant

I don’t believe that. If he truly HATES Baker he can use any of a thousand excuses to let him go. He doesn’t have to willfully lose games and put his players in bad positions. I think this is more of a guy who had his ego stroked too much and tries to think himself out of situations instead of letting his players do what they do best.

Oh he did it. You touched on it earlier. Stefanski ego is huge and he’s done nothing to have that ego.

1. The reason Stefanski retained playcalling is because AVP completely outshined him with the playoff win.

2. Berry wants to give Mayfield one more year knowing there’s no available upgrade and with our putrid receivers we can’t use draft capital on a QB

3. Stefanski hates Mayfield because Mayfield has no respect for Stefanski so by sabotaging him he helps push Baker out. It’s the same thing Haley did thinking Dorsey would name him head coach. Remember I live in Pittsburgh. I know guys who know the organization. Haley called one of the guys and said “I’m getting the job” when Hue was canned and he was called back.

Next year is going to be BRUTAL. It’s coach Vs GM again. Hopefully the GM wins

Freedom!!!

Dawg E. Dawg
    Participant

I don’t buy all that Soup. Stefanski has had an insane number of opportunities to bench Mayfield this year, and he’s insisted every time that Baker is the QB. Coaches don’t do that for players they hate.

soup
    Participant

I don’t buy all that Soup. Stefanski has had an insane number of opportunities to bench Mayfield this year, and he’s insisted every time that Baker is the QB. Coaches don’t do that for players they hate.

When their goal is to get them out they do. There’s no other reason for him to pull what he did yesterda. Garrett has spoken up, Mayfield spoke up Johnson spoke up- he lost the team and he’s vengeful.

Freedom!!!

Ice
    Keymaster

MDP Sack Attack
    Participant

You’re losing me on the conspiracy stuff, that would be beyond an Urban Meyer level of pettiness.

But I agree that Stefanski is garbage. He was fantastic when he was new, but once opponents got some tape and studied his tendencies he’s shown no ability to adapt.

I’d be shocked if there wasn’t some noise from Chubb’s agent this off-season. Nick should be contending for the rushing title and in the MVP race. That’s never happening here.

soup
    Participant

AVP is talking to Pitt about their OC job. Something is up.

Freedom!!!

Ice
    Keymaster

Sounds like I’m in an extreme minority here; I believe playcalling has been awful lately and also believe it can be fixed.

Stefanski has the work ethic and intellect to pore over every decision he’s made this offseason. I think he’ll have obscene amounts of statistics that will show that his brand of playcalling was fantastic when it was new but had diminishing returns as the league got more experienced with it.

He has to learn to trust his players. When the defense is in a heavy front to stop the run, Stef ‘outsmarts’ them by going to a pass play. THATS EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT US TO DO. We need to run into that heavy front, because they can’t stop us. I don’t care if they have 10 guys on the line. Run the ball into it. THEY CAN’T STOP US. We have the best interior O-line in football and the best running backs. I don’t care if they put 11 d-linemen on the field, run the ball. THEY CAN’T STOP US.

THAT is what Stefanski is missing.

MDP Sack Attack
    Participant

Sounds like I’m in an extreme minority here; I believe playcalling has been awful lately and also believe it can be fixed.
    Stefanski has the work ethic and intellect to pore over every decision he’s made this offseason. I think he’ll have obscene amounts of statistics that will show that his brand of playcalling was fantastic when it was new but had diminishing returns as the league got more experienced with it.
    He has to learn to trust his players. When the defense is in a heavy front to stop the run, Stef ‘outsmarts’ them by going to a pass play. THATS EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT US TO DO. We need to run into that heavy front, because they can’t stop us. I don’t care if they have 10 guys on the line. Run the ball into it. THEY CAN’T STOP US. We have the best interior O-line in football and the best running backs. I don’t care if they put 11 d-linemen on the field, run the ball. THEY CAN’T STOP US.
    THAT is what Stefanski is missing.

I totally agree with the latter, he’s coaching one of the most talented teams in the NFL as though we’re an underdog. We should be setting the pace and forcing the opposition to adjust to us, not vice versa. We have zero identity.

DawgSoldier
    Participant

I think KS was hand cuffed to Baker. And was like. You wanna see what is and is not . Here ya go. 9 sacks later. Yup thats the guy Dorsey passed over Allen.

I think KS wants a QB he can work with.

I am fine with the front office and couching staff staying in place.

Maybe KS wants Rodgers or Watson…..? Maybe Carr…?

http://cloudassetserver.com/STL/posts/185/sp_04_976x0.jpg

GABrownsFan
    Participant

Yeah, DS, we know you can’t stand Baker.

Anyway, Stefanski trotting out an injured Mayfield did nothing for the team. And I love Mayfield. But not sitting him while he was clearly injured didn’t help the team. We signed Keenum for a reason. Probably wouldn’t have won a lot more games with him, but I think he could’ve gotten a couple.

The play calling’s bizarre. Can’t agree with you guys more on that. Soup cited the pass v. rush attempts of the last several games–all with a badly beaten up QB. Makes no sense. If anything, you’d want to run the ball even more to protect him. Stef went pass happy.

Dawg E. Dawg
    Participant

Like others have said, Stefanski tries to outsmart the other team every f’n play. So, the opposing DC knows if he stacks the box, Stefanksi won’t run into that front. So they can use their formation to effectively take our best player out of the game.

Stefanski showed as much during the last drive on Monday. He ran Nick Chubb on that drive. Even the commentator was like “Nows NOT the time to be using Nick Chubb!” But they were playing pass so Stefanski called a run play. It’s so fucking frustrating, I can’t even adequately put it into words.

soup
    Participant

I think KS was hand cuffed to Baker. And was like. You wanna see what is and is not . Here ya go. 9 sacks later. Yup thats the guy Dorsey passed over Allen.
    I think KS wants a QB he can work with.
    I am fine with the front office and couching staff staying in place.
    Maybe KS wants Rodgers or Watson…..? Maybe Carr…?

They blocked Watt 1 on 1 with a 4th round rookie. I couldn’t imagine Derek Anderson part 2 throwing to these guys. He was awful until they gave him Diggs.

We handed the ball off 16 (?) times against the 2nd worst rush D in the NFL. Stefanski sabotaged the game on purpose. Aside from the missed read there were 7 dropped passes. (Unless they rightfully make Hoopers int into a fumble considering he took 3 steps with the ball- then it would be 6).

1:20 left and Kitchens Jr uses a timeout when he needs 3 to get the ball back.

Freedom!!!

Ice
    Keymaster

It takes a very small-minded person to sabotage their own operation just to get rid of someone. KS doesn’t have to lose to get rid of Baker. In fact the best thing he could do is win; bench Baker and win the game with Keenum. Losing a game certainly would not help Stefanski if there ends up being a power struggle between him and Baker.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Your home for all things Cleveland Browns

Skip to toolbar