How good is Carson Wentz?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ice
    Keymaster

I know before he went down he was all but guaranteed top 3 for MVP, but how much of it was him and how much the team around him? Nick Foles and co. just destroyed the best defense in football. Nick. Foles.

I’ve always hated Wentz as a prospect. I admitted early in the year that I was wrong. How wrong was I though?

the dude
    Participant

On the other side of the totem, people blame Kizer for being so bad and not the team around him.

It all has to do with coaching and how a coach uses a players strength and weaknesses and can pull it together. The pats have been doing it for 15 years with a ton of turnover.

The clowns will not win until they part ways with that loser Hue Jackson.

Hue Jackson is a loser.

soup
    Participant

Pederson put in n a fantastic system. The major difference in Wentz is his ability to run. Of course, that’s how he tore his knee

Clearly I’m still not sold on Wentz. Still too inconsistent. We’ll see how he progresses next year

Freedom!!!

soup
    Participant

On the other side of the totem, people blame Kizer for being so bad and not the team around him.
    It all has to do with coaching and how a coach uses a players strength and weaknesses and can pull it together. The pats have been doing it for 15 years with a ton of turnover.
    The clowns will not win until they part ways with that loser Hue Jackson.

The most red zone turnovers in the NFL. Kizer with 6. The next highest by anyone is 3.

Did you see OT vs GB? How could Hue possibly have prevented that other than never throw a pass again? It was 3rd and long.

Freedom!!!

Shooter

Soup you can bitch and groan all ya like, but by the hour it looks more and more as if Haley is going to be the guy.

I’m not upset about it.

soup
    Participant

Soup you can bitch and groan all ya like, but by the hour it looks more and more as if Haley is going to be the guy.
    I’m not upset about it.

At least he’s had success multiple places as OC. Be ready for some head scratching though.

Freedom!!!

the dude
    Participant

Coming from a guy with no hair…. Ugh

Hue Jackson is a loser.

blump
    Participant

I didn’t love him as a prospect, and wouldn’t have drafted him at 2 (or wherever it was), but I did think he had a chance to be pretty good. I thought his rookie year was highly overrated, but he looked pretty great this season. What Foles has done has definitely made it a little more confusing, but I still think Wentz is really good. If we could trade the #1 pick for Wentz, I’d do it.

soup
    Participant

Nick Foles Super Bowl MVP. 65% 373 yards 3 TDs 1 INT off his receivers tip and 1 receiving TD.

Pederson has an excellent system and the right guys to run it.

Freedom!!!

DawgSoldier
    Participant

The Eagles Don't Have A Quarterback Controversy

"Nick Foles is either a great backup or a marginal starting quarterback… Carson Wentz is the now and the future." — Colin Cowherd says the Philadelphia Eagles don't have a QB controversyvia The Herd

Posted by FS1 on Monday, February 5, 2018

Colin Cowherd with some good points

http://cloudassetserver.com/STL/posts/185/sp_04_976x0.jpg

Ice
    Keymaster

Nick Foles Super Bowl MVP. 65% 373 yards 3 TDs 1 INT off his receivers tip and 1 receiving TD.
    Pederson has an excellent system and the right guys to run it.

Exactly what I’m saying. You think Wentz’ numbers would have looked much different in that game? @Shooter made a great point about Jeff Fisher in the other thread. Jeff Fisher’s offense made some really good QB’s look like castoffs from the Browns. I think Philly’s offense makes guys that would be castoffs from the Browns into Superbowl MVP’s. Bring them here and the magic is gone.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Your home for all things Cleveland Browns

Skip to toolbar