Hoyer to Start

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    soup
    Participant

I’m assuming this means they watched film and determined that Hoyer’s reads were correct. I’m hoping they also noticed Shanny went off his rocker and is way too pass happy and predictable. I wonder how short the leash will be.

Freedom!!!

MDP Sack Attack
    Participant

Hopefully the realization that he can be replaced gets him back into his early-season form. I am already embarrassed by all the idiots at the stadium who will boo him if he throws a pick.

soup
    Participant

More disturbing than anything – which goes right in with my Gordon thread – is that Gordon has been targeted more than any other player in the NFL the past 2 weeks. That needs to immediately cease. Shiny new toy mentality is hurting us. We need to go back to pund it – take a couple 3 and outs running 3 times if you have to. Then pop them with play action.

Freedom!!!

MDP Sack Attack
    Participant

More disturbing than anything – which goes right in with my Gordon thread – is that Gordon has been targeted more than any other player in the NFL the past 2 weeks. That needs to immediately cease. Shiny new toy mentality is hurting us. We need to go back to pund it – take a couple 3 and outs running 3 times if you have to. Then pop them with play action.

I basically agree, but with Austin and (likely) Cameron and Barnidge out, I don’t see the trend of throwing to Gordon changing.

We should definitely run the ball a silly amount, Indy has had serious trouble vs the run. Crowell is hurt, but hopefully he’s back for the game.

the dude
    Participant

Randy Lerner version 2.0

well soup, you are going to get your wish with Pettine being fired.

lose by 30 this weekend.

Hue Jackson is a loser.

Ice
    Keymaster

Soup is dead on with Hoyer forcing the ball to Gordon. In Hoyer’s defense, even when Gordon is not open he’s actually open, but still the offense needs more than just one target in the passing game. Gabriel deserves some attention and my current favorite Browns player Andrew Hawkins should be targeted much more than he has been lately.

Has anyone else noticed that winning and losing has much less to do with Hoyer than it has to do with how effective our running game is? Hoyer can have a shit day but if we get 150 yards on the ground we’re probably gonna win, and the opposite is also true.

the dude
    Participant

Has anyone else noticed that winning and losing has much less to do with Hoyer than it has to do with how effective our running game is? Hoyer can have a shit day but if we get 150 yards on the ground we’re probably gonna win, and the opposite is also true.

This is any team….and since we are really a one dimensional team, the smart teams who now actually have video on the browns, have started to adapt and expose on one dimensional we are.

Hue Jackson is a loser.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Your home for all things Cleveland Browns

Skip to toolbar