KC Game

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    soup
    Participant

Maybe it’s the fact that I’ve lived in Pittsburgh since 1999. The daily beatdowns I take from being a Cleveland guy in Pittsburgh. The best I made with a friend in 2005 where every year the loser buys the winner lunch. Overall I’m on the hook for 27 lunches to his 5. He felt bad so he bought the tie. (I owe him 2 and he owes me 2 know due to the pandemic we didn’t have our post draft lunch). Anyway, I was not confident into last week at all.

This week, I feel a different vibe. The Chiefs struggle against the run. We’ve been putting up major points and actually have more 40 point games than they do this year, 4 to 1. Maybe it’s because it’s not against a hated division rival. Maybe it’s my love of underdogs and that the oddsmakers for some insane reason have us at a 9.5 point underdog.

I feel like not only is this game winnable, but they we will win it. Hunt ran so angry last week he drug 3 Steelers for 5 yards into the end zone. He’s going to be twice as angry this week.

Mayfield keeps saying, “we ain’t satisfied.” For years I’ve yelled on here at people for saying “goal should be 8 wins” or “goal should be a winning season” or “goal should be making the playoffs.” This team put together a championship mentality. Their goal is, was and always will be the Super Bowl – nothing in between is good enough. That’s the mentality that’s needed

Inside the NFL had a clip of Garrett when the Steelers were starting to come back. On the sideline “We need to play to win the game, not to not lose it.”

This team is using the disrespect as fuel and it’s paying off in focus towards the ultimate goal. Add that loser, Chase Claypool, disrespect log to the 9.5 point underdog and the fire is getting larger.

I’m so excited for Sunday. Not a drop of “fear” in my blood this time around.

Freedom!!!

BrownsFan4Life
    Participant

Saying 8 or 9 wins this year as a goal isn’t settling. It sets a goal. Then you realize it will probably be surpassed so you change your goal. Just because you set a goal doesn’t mean that is it. Goals change on a continuous basis.

While the ultimate goal will always be a SB victory, you have smaller goals throughout the year.

BrownsFan4Life
    Participant

Watkins, for his part, won’t provide any competition for the Browns after being ruled out with a calf injury on Friday.

Questionable
    RT Jack Conklin (hamstring, knee)
    TE David Njoku (hamstring)
    TE Stephen Carlson (groin)
    LB B.J. Goodson (shoulder)
    Carlson was the only one of the four questionable players who did not practice on Friday, while Goodson seemed confident he would play when he spoke to media on Thursday.

soup
    Participant

Saying 8 or 9 wins this year as a goal isn’t settling. It sets a goal. Then you realize it will probably be surpassed so you change your goal. Just because you set a goal doesn’t mean that is it. Goals change on a continuous basis.
    While the ultimate goal will always be a SB victory, you have smaller goals throughout the year.

Not if you want success. You set your sights hi. When you set expectations low you subconsciously check out when you hit it. Super Bowl mentality means that’s what you set your sights on. Setting it to win 8 or 9 games, why even play? Champions always set high goals. They don’t stair step

Freedom!!!

BrownsFan4Life
    Participant

Did you read what I said and did you comprehend what you read. I said the ultimate goal is a SB. Do you understand that? Winning a SB is the ultimate goal. It always should be.

BUT

You can’t win the SB without playing the season so you have goals during the season. The first goal of the season isn’t winning the SB because you can’t win the SB in week 1 but you can win the game you play in week one.

NOW

The Browns have a goal this week and while the ultimate goal remains winning the SB you can’t do that without accomplishing this weeks goal and that is to be the KC Cheifs.

I hope you can now comprehend all that.

Shooter

Are you still allowed to root for this team? Fire everyone and blah blah blah 2 plays into the season opener.

Please don’t watch, I feel your bad juju and outrageous reactions will jinx us and we’ll lose, and then we’ll have to spend all offseason listening to you whine about who to fire. Which will probably be everyone.

Just, find something else to do man.

MDP Sack Attack
    Participant

Christian Okoye was my favorite non-Browns player as a kid, and Travis Kelce is a proud Cleveland Heights native, so they’re probably my second or third favorite team at present. Really excited for this one.

I do actually have a good feeling for the Browns this week. The only caution I’d have regarding the Chiefs run defense; is it really bad, or do they just not care? They can almost score at will.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Your home for all things Cleveland Browns

Skip to toolbar