Let’s talk about how this OBJ shit happened……

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Shooter

…….I’ll break it down for ya’s.

Was OBJ “open” all the time, like his dad says?

Yes. Yes he fuckin’ was. Like, wide open. A lot. This is a real important part of the situation here, because it’s true, and it’s factual. Tape don’t lie. I’ve watched a ton of it. Dude was out there, no one around him countless times.

Did Baker “ignore him” when he was? Yup. A lot. Equally as true, and even more important.

That begs the question……why?

Here’s why: Because Odell fucking freelances on damn near every play. He almost ALWAYS runs the wrong route, and no one can coach that out of him.

Let’s say he’s supposed to run a 7 yard dig on play-action. Pre-snap he just up and changes his mind, runs a go route, does a little shimmy on the CB, blows past him, and is open by 10 yards. It’s phenomenal.

Except he was the primary target on that play, and when Baker turns around, he’s expecting him to be in a certain spot……. that HE’S NOWHERE FUCKING NEAR now……..so now Baker has to adjust on the fly, and he has to COMPLETELY abandon the play and change everything because OBJ ain’t FUCKING there. It’s “improvise”, or take the sack.

Do that 5,6,7 times a game, and then tell me how much a QB is gonna trust his receiver. Higgins doesn’t do that shit. DPJ doesn’t do that shit. Neither does Hooper, or Njoku,……

This shit is why the Giants traded him. It’s why nothing works with him.

I’d love to say the guy is “Randy-Mossing” it, but he’s not. He’s doing otherworldy shit. He’s just doing it when he’s not supposed to, and he’s always 20 yards from where he’s fucking supposed to be on a play because he just wants to freelance and be awesome instead of running his goddamn route.

Yes…..he IS open a lot.

20 yards away from the spot he’s supposed to open at.

And THAT…..is why he isn’t producing, and isn’t a part of this team anymore.

Dawg E. Dawg
    Participant

I want to believe this, but I have to ask…how do you know?

I’m not being sarcastic at all, I’m genuinely curious if there’s someway you can tell from body language or something. How do you know what route is called and what route he runs?? Because without know thing, this seems like all conjecture.

DawgSoldier
    Participant

I want to believe this, but I have to ask…how do you know?
    I’m not being sarcastic at all, I’m genuinely curious if there’s someway you can tell from body language or something. How do you know what route is called and what route he runs?? Because without know thing, this seems like all conjecture.

I’ve heard the same thing on the net. One of the dead give aways is when doa stat based breakdown all available targets passing game. All the other tyargets are with in the bell part of the bell curve if you plot it like that. OBJ is the only outlier.

Thats why baker was better without OBJ last year. The other recievers were running the play that was drawn up.

http://cloudassetserver.com/STL/posts/185/sp_04_976x0.jpg

Ice
    Keymaster

Who is this “Shooter” guy?

Romo talked about it during the game. He flat out said OBJ sometimes ran his own routes. That might work great for some other offense, but ours it too much based on timing and precision. And how dare OBJ complain about not being targeted enough; he has 20% more targets than any other player on the team!

GABrownsFan
    Participant

LOL I heard Romo talking about that too. Loved it. Glory hound can go infect another team.

What a great performance all the way around from this team after all the drama this week.

soup
    Participant

This Kurt Warner video is incredible.

Freedom!!!

Ice
    Keymaster

That was a very educational video. Unlike arguing with Soup it actually made me smarter.

soup
    Participant

That was a very educational video. Unlike arguing with Soup it actually made me smarter.

I missed you to Ice.

Freedom!!!

Ice
    Keymaster

I missed you to Ice.

*too

soup
    Participant

I missed you to Ice.

*too

Less letters is better for the environment

Freedom!!!

Shooter

but I have to ask…how do you know?

Mostly my pure, unfiltered awesomeness, but also my unparalleled football acumen.

soup
    Participant

This should be interesting. Choosing to go to a team to replace a WR who left sue to not enough targets for apparently league minimum.

Did I say choosing? I mean going to the only offer he had.

Freedom!!!

Ice
    Keymaster

He probably made enough selling our offensive signals to the Pats to make it through the rest of the year.

BrownsFan4Life
    Participant

The only question I have is was OBJ open more than the number of passes he dropped.

soup
    Participant

2 catches on 3 targets for 18 yards. The missed target? OBJ stopped his route and it was intercepted. 31-10 loss.

Freedom!!!

Ice
    Keymaster

OBJ’s dad is their problem now. He’s probably requesting a meeting with the HC and QB as we speak.

MDP Sack Attack
    Participant

This whole situation is confusing, to be honest. The locker room loves him, Baker seems to have no ill wishes towards OBJ, and he penned a very nice thank you letter towards the fans. He clearly wanted out, but I’ve read nothing about the usual “diva player wants out of town” behavior regarding Odell, no threatening to go home, causing trouble behind the scenes, getting in coaches faces or pulling some bullshit on the field. And everything I’ve read or heard about him is that he’s just not that guy.

It’s probably a strictly monetary decision, and he wants to put up some numbers to get one last big payday. I think he very calmly used what leverage to put him in a place for that to happen.

Both the Browns and OBJ are probably better off on the field having gone their separate ways, and I honestly wish him the best whenever he’s not on the opposite sideline.

soup
    Participant

After Landry’s comments about missing him, the Ds coments about how inept Woods is – this team is on the brink and Stefanski could’ve started to right the ship. He’s banking on Detroit being easy to calm the waters. I think we are about to get bitchslapped.

Freedom!!!

Ice
    Keymaster

He clearly wanted out, but I’ve read nothing about the usual “diva player wants out of town” behavior regarding Odell, no threatening to go home, causing trouble behind the scenes, getting in coaches faces or pulling some bullshit on the field.

I’m pretty sure a lot of that nonsense happened but all behind the scenes. There were some rumblings from anonymous players that he was a distraction in the locker room. The big clue is that Stefanski told everyone at a team meeting that OBJ was no longer a part of the team a full week before he was dropped; something big must’ve happened right after that last game that prompted that. I’m sure it wasn’t a nice discussion where OBJ said ‘I’d rather be somewhere else so can we work on that please?’

Basically he followed the diva WR recipe for getting released without publicly being a dick.

soup
    Participant

He clearly wanted out, but I’ve read nothing about the usual “diva player wants out of town” behavior regarding Odell, no threatening to go home, causing trouble behind the scenes, getting in coaches faces or pulling some bullshit on the field.

I’m pretty sure a lot of that nonsense happened but all behind the scenes. There were some rumblings from anonymous players that he was a distraction in the locker room. The big clue is that Stefanski told everyone at a team meeting that OBJ was no longer a part of the team a full week before he was dropped; something big must’ve happened right after that last game that prompted that. I’m sure it wasn’t a nice discussion where OBJ said ‘I’d rather be somewhere else so can we work on that please?’
    Basically he followed the diva WR recipe for getting released without publicly being a dick.

Jay Glazer is now claiming when OBJ got traded to Cleveland he told Glazer that he wants to be in LA.

Freedom!!!

Ice
    Keymaster

Jay Glazer is now claiming when OBJ got traded to Cleveland he told Glazer that he wants to be in LA.

I’m shocked.

DawgSoldier
    Participant

I wanted Josh Allen and Dk metcalf instead of Baker and Odell.

Fuck you Dorsey

http://cloudassetserver.com/STL/posts/185/sp_04_976x0.jpg

MDP Sack Attack
    Participant

See, none of that bothers me. Coaches always say “keep it in the locker room”, and he did. Obviously I’d rather have a refund on the draft picks we traded.

If anything, I’m more angry at Stefanski and Berry for letting it get to this point. If OBJ wanted out this badly now, there’s zero chance they didn’t know this was coming a year ago when we could have gotten something in return.

Plus, now Garrett is missing a practice due to speaking out against his coach. It’s not a great look, from the outside. I think Stefanski and Berry might be in over their heads, with this suddenly star-studded locket room. I’m worried they’re too green to handle all the egos.

Ice
    Keymaster

If anything, I’m more angry at Stefanski and Berry for letting it get to this point. If OBJ wanted out this badly now, there’s zero chance they didn’t know this was coming a year ago when we could have gotten something in return.

Zero chance of releasing him while injured in the middle of last season. Also he was not going to allow us to trade him because then he doesn’t control where he goes. He waited until after the trade deadline and demanded his release. That’s why the timing is what it is.

I’m glad both OBJ and the Browns kept this under wraps as much as they could. It doesn’t help either to drag it into the public.

I question OBJ’s thinking that he’s going into a better situation. Realistically I think he just wanted to move to LA.

soup
    Participant

I wanted Josh Allen and Dk metcalf instead of Baker and Odell.
    Fuck you Dorsey

For the 80th time Allen would be out of the NFL. He could barely handle 2 years without Diggs. This year they are 6-3 in spite of him. The defense is off the charts crazy.

Bills: 24 takeaways 9 games
    Browns: 8 takeaways 10 games. Even when we had an outside shot after the lone stop D had last week, our punt returner was in the wrong position and gave up 21 yards of FP.

If anything you should want to strangle Dorsey for not keeping Williams as HC after finishing 5-3.

Freedom!!!

soup
    Participant

2021 Browns: 17 catches 34 targets 50% catch rate.

2021 Rams: 9 catches on 18 targets. 50% catch rate.

I see a lot changed.

Freedom!!!

GABrownsFan
    Participant

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Your home for all things Cleveland Browns

Skip to toolbar