Pretty obvious why the front office didn’t sign Baker in off-season now

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    the dude
    Participant

Time to end the Baker experiment. The last 2 months Baker is making Tim Tebow look like he should still be in the NFL. The passes are always under thrown and behind guys or leaving them to get lit up. He should have at least half of a dozen more pics where guys just drop the ball.

He has completely retracted. I understand the guy is hurt. But this is embarrassing. They need to pull him and move on. Playoffs were over after Tuesday horrific performance.

Steffanski has clearly lost this locker room. The cancer of OBJ has clearly affected guys play and practicing habits.

The Browns have invested in the right guys. Time to go after some free agents in the WR category and draft a qb.

Hue Jackson is a loser.

Ice
    Keymaster

It sure hasn’t been good lately. I understand why you’re ready to move on, especially with guys like Burrow lighting it up for 525 yards. I’m not ready to move on yet, and I think the reason is what we suffered with the last 20 years. There were so many days where we’d get 175 yards passing and consider that a really good outing. I’m sick of averaging 130 yards per game in the air, we lived with that far too long. Baker is a higher level than what we’ve dealt with. I feel like it’s there, it’s just not clicking for some reason.

I dunno, maybe it’s that thing where you are dating a girl and she’s ok but you don’t want to break up because you’re not sure you can do better.

soup
    Participant

Because of the cap and 5th year option. There’s absolutely no reason to extend him. Bills made a huge mistake. Baltimore still hasn’t signed Lamar to an extension either.

His injuries have completely effected him, but what’s effected him more is Stefanski not trusting his staff and still having no clue how to coach.

We handed the ball off 23 times and dropped back to pass 43 with a broken QB off his game. 23 hand offs for 200 yards. Never let a baseball guy make football decisions.

While it’s only a 2 game stint, this team responds far better to Priefer as coach and AVP calling plays.

Fire Stefanski elevate Priefer leave everything by else in tact and he hires a ST coach.

This whole season is on Stefanski. Unfortunately they won’t do the right thing and he’s our coach until they fire him in 2023.

As for Baker, he’s our QB next year barring a guy like Derek Carr getting cut. There’s no upgrades that are available at all.

We have a bottom 5 WR room. The route running is horrific. Aikman twice questioned “I don’t know how they are coached…” Warner said the same thing in one of his vids.

Baker missed some easy throws, WR ran some piss poor routes in others and when he made the big time throw – DPJ dropped it at the 5.

Freedom!!!

BrownsFan4Life
    Participant

Injuries are a huge problem. The sling he is wearing really hinders his throwing. I think it was hesselbeck who talked about it and said he couldnt get the ball to where he wanted and wouldn’t wear it. He also said if he can’t throw with it off then he shouldn’t be playing.
    That boils down to coaching which we all know is a problem this year. Even with everything happening, we still have a chance to win the division.
    I agree that we didn’t need to extend him this year because of the 5th year option. Next year when he is fully healthy will be more telling.

MDP Sack Attack
    Participant

Baker has clearly not been himself since the injury, and Stefanski should have forced him to sit from the game he separated his shoulder up until at least after the bye week. He’s always been very accurate on all of his throws, and clearly can’t hit his spots this year.

I’ve really gotten an “inmates running the asylum” vibe from the Browns this year. I think our young roster outgrew Stefanski pretty quickly, and he doesn’t have the capacity to manage all the egos

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Your home for all things Cleveland Browns

Skip to toolbar