Shanahan Wants Out

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ice
    Keymaster

According to Mary Kay Cabot, Kyle Shanahan wants to get out of Cleveland so badly that he’d accept the same position, offensive coordinator, with another team.

Allegedly he is upset because he feels the front office has been meddling with the coaching staff, so much that they even sent a text during a game to the staff about playcalling. My first question was what number did they send the text to, because I’ve got a few texts I’d like to send as well. Still the situation in Cleveland seems to be a mess. Again. If the GM or even worse the owner are meddling in the affairs of the coaching staff then we’re making the same mistakes we made about a decade ago. It didn’t turn out pretty then, it won’t be pretty now.

Even if the front office wasn’t meddling I could still understand Shanahan’s desire to leave. He’s been forced to create two offenses for two QB’s with vastly different ability sets. One of those QB’s can only handle offenses straight out of a high school playbook, and an offense that simple has no chance of success at the NFL level. Clearly the plan going into the season was to win at the line of scrimmage and focus on running the ball, but as soon as Alex Mack went down the running game fell apart. On top of that, Shanahan has been fired by BFT’s own Soup at least 13 times this season and past experience shows that Soup has the ear of the highest levels of the Browns staff.

Long story short, being the OC of the Cleveland Browns is a very bad situation to be in right now.

Ice
    Keymaster

Personally this saddens me. I know @Soup will disagree, but Shanny was the most pro-running OC we’ve had since the return. After Mack went down the running game stopped being effective so he was forced to throw it, but when everyone was healthy we could all see that Shanahan’s offense revolved around the run game. Every OC before has promised to focus on the run and then done the complete opposite; Shanny was the only one to follow through.

I hope our next OC is someone who played FB in the NFL. No one loves running as much as a fullback.

the dude
    Participant

wonder if shanny replied fuck you, go root for buffalo…..or if it was soup spoofing management lolz

Hue Jackson is a loser.

Ice
    Keymaster

I think @soup sent a message to Haslam to have Shanny fired.

Ice
    Keymaster

I do have to say one thing to the front office about meddling with the coaching staff; Hey ‘front office’, do YOUR job. You took a bevy of awesome draft picks last year, in a draft loaded with talent, and turned most of them into garbage. You managed to spend two first round picks and a few later round picks just to acquire two paycheck players who do not want to work hard and will never be NFL starters. So get YOUR job right before you start trying to tell other people how they should do their job and deal with YOUR mistakes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Your home for all things Cleveland Browns

Skip to toolbar