The Browns are now 2-21-1 in Week One since 1999

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BrownsFan4Life
    Participant

The Browns won in week one for the first time since 2004. It wasn’t pretty and they have a lot to work on but I will take a 24-23 win on the road against Baker who looked like … Baker. He has some horrible throws and some good ones.

Jacoby Brissett missed two long ones early that would have resulted in 14 points instead of 3.

The roughing the passer on Carolina on our last drive was a gift. On replay, it was clear, at least to me, that they was no penalty.

I will take the win though.

mike barnes
    Participant

The passing game must get better and fast! if not this will be a long wait for #4 to get back.

GABrownsFan
    Participant

“It wasn’t pretty and they have a lot to work on but I will take a 24-23 win on the road against Baker who looked like … Baker.”

Yeah, BFFL, I agree. Baker’s stat line looked the same as almost every week he was with us–and I’m a Baker bro. It is what it is.

I think we’ll see more production from Jacoby as the season goes on. At least I hope so.

soup
    Participant

The roughing was ticky tac but legit. Helmet to helmet. The refs handed us the game picking up the grounding flag. That was nuts. Jacoby unquestionably committed intentional grounding.

What you’ve seen today is what Jacoby is. We need to lean a lot more on the run game.

Freedom!!!

BrownsFan4Life
    Participant

The roughing was ticky tac but legit. Helmet to helmet. The refs handed us the game picking up the grounding flag. That was nuts. Jacoby unquestionably committed intentional grounding.
    What you’ve seen today is what Jacoby is. We need to lean a lot more on the run game.

I did not see the helmet to helmet contact because I was paying more attention the the arm so I went back and watched it and there was definitely helmet to helmet contact. As far as the intentional grounding. He moved his front foot so I thought he was no longer under center when he spiked it and that should have been a penalty. At any rate, I will take it since we have been on the wrong end of some pretty horrible calls at the end of games before. It is about time we got repayed.

GABrownsFan
    Participant

“I did not see the helmet to helmet contact because I was paying more attention the the arm so I went back and watched it and there was definitely helmet to helmet contact”

Yeah, I didn’t see it at first, then saw another angle and definitely saw it.

BrownsFan4Life
    Participant

The more I read, the more I am confused as to what signifies intentional grounding.

This is what Panthers Head Coach Matt Rhule said about it:
    “We just literally showed our guys two days ago a quarterback pump or mishandling a snap, can’t take more than a step back,” Rhule said after the game.

Well I watched the replay and Brissett stepped back with his right foot but he never moved his left foot.

So, is it intentional grounding or not?

I actually tweeted Mike Pereira about it but never received a response. I know nothing changes but it would be nice to know if it really was or wasn’t according to NFL rules.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Your home for all things Cleveland Browns

Skip to toolbar