The Texans – Pushovers or Playoff Killers?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    DawgPoundDude
    Participant

So, what do you guys think?

My thoughts- we win this game, but it’s an ugly win. If Shanny’s wise, he’ll give Tate the majority of carries; he’s looking for a chance to show Houston that they fucked up in letting him go, and to get more yards than Foster (who scares the shit out of me).

Watt is a god among insects on that team. There should be no less than double teams anywhere that man lines up. If I remember correctly, McDonald got dinged up from the last game…and if J.J. smells blood, we may have a real bad day (mostly listening to Soup calling the staff “the worst ever” after 6 consecutive staffs were, too…love ya, brother. :P). Add that we may be without Gipson for this game, which really would suck.

And then there’s Mallet. From all reports, the zing he puts on a football could put a hole through your chest. Normally, I wouldn’t be concerned, but the dude has one hell of a supporting cast. You can bet that the style of football they play will be very similar to what we do…setting up play action…unless of course Foster is destroying us.

But I still think that while they have 2-3 great players, we have a whole team of good ones. And we’re playing at home. But these guys have the potential to knock the wheels right off, so…

Crossing my fingers here…Browns 24, Texans 17.

DawgPoundDude
    Participant

Well, good news and bad- Foster is being held out of this game, so we’ll be facing Alfred Blue (who isn’t terrible)…but it looks like Taylor just got placed on IR. Ain’t that a bitch?

MDP Sack Attack
    Participant

This is a really dangerous one. I’m really worried that we’re going to come out “cocky” and not with a chip on our shoulder.

If we let them rough us up on the ground, it will go a long, long way towards letting Mallet get comfortable, and with his arm and their receivers, that’s dangerous.

Ice
    Keymaster

There’s no reason for us to be cocky. The Texans are a QB away from the Superbowl. If Mallett turns out to be up to the job then then NFL is in trouble. Taylor will be heavily missed in this game as they will try to focus on the ground game against us.

durakbane
    Participant

Feels like Jacksonville to me with the exception: We already blew a game we were expected to win. We win this game and I think we are on our way to vying for a playoff spot for the rest of the season.

We lose and we’ll be good enough to get a crappy draft pick and no playoff game.

With that said, I think we win. If we didn’t have so many key injuries, I would say we win it impressively. On Sunday? It will be tough.

Ice
    Keymaster

@durakbane It doesn’t feel like the Jags to me. I’m optimistic we’ll win but we’ve got so many injuries that seem to match up perfectly to their strengths as a team that I’m worried.

csudawg

I really believe in Pettine. I think he has the guys ready to go for this game, especially after the Jags game a few weeks back. Losing Uncle Phil hurts…a lot…but Gipson is in and Foster is out. Considering the weather, it sounds like it could be a run heavy day anyway, and even with Watt, the texans are still in the bottom third of the league on run defense. Im looking for the win!

Christ Follower, Husband, Daddy, Browns fan. @seangajda on twitter. Writer of Pick 6 +1.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Your home for all things Cleveland Browns

Skip to toolbar