WOW! This article is now required reading for BFT.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ice
    Keymaster

http://tv5.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25797430/inside-cleveland-browns-front-office-where-hope-history-collide

This is a behind the scenes look at all the dysfunction we’ve had since Haslam bought the team.

Shooter

I blame Randy Lerner for saddling us with this fucking idiot.

I can’t wait for him to no longer own this team.

VASDAWG
    Participant

Totally unbelievable read…It finally connected all the dots of all the crap that went on over the years. What is clear is that Haslam is a toxic leader…which makes it even greater that more control has been given to Dorsey (Kitchens reporting to him). The less “say” that Haslam has in everyday football operations, the better.

the dude
    Participant

Half way through it…. I have said it all along Haslem is a bum.

Hue Jackson is a loser.

MDP Sack Attack
    Participant

Am I the only one who is curious about the group of former Browns coaches/execs who meet up for dinner? That sounds amazing.

The way he went about firing Banner is insane!

the dude
    Participant

Am I the only one who is curious about the group of former Browns coaches/execs who meet up for dinner? That sounds amazing.
    The way he went about firing Banner is insane!

From day one, I thought Jimmy was going to run this as an asset / liquidation company and flip it then resell

Hue Jackson is a loser.

DawgSoldier
    Participant

So the guys that didn’t get done are slamming the owner, and you all want to take it as gospel instead of say sower grapes???

http://cloudassetserver.com/STL/posts/185/sp_04_976x0.jpg

MDP Sack Attack
    Participant

So the guys that didn’t get done are slamming the owner, and you all want to take it as gospel instead of say sower grapes???

Well it fits the facts we do know, fits the timeline, fits an established pattern, and it’s not like he “got it done” either…

Shooter

Yes.

Ice
    Keymaster

I think the owner is trying, he’s just not good at running a football team. The Haslams have not pinched a single penny and have really spent very lavishly on the franchise. Unfortunately a lot of that money was wasted on poor players and poor coaches.

Just open the checkbook and get out of the way. That would make them the perfect owners.

Shooter

Just open the checkbook and get out of the way. That would make them the perfect owners.

I think that’s the problem, he’s not that kind of owner. He’s a meddler. He’s very “hands-on”. That doesn’t work very well at all in the NFL. I’m not gonna go as far as to call him Jerry Jones, but he’s close. Jones is a camera whore that loves the sound of his own voice, and Haslam to his credit is most definitely not that, and Haslam’s ego isn’t as big as Jones’ to name himself GM (Thank the football gods for that), but beyond that they’re very similar and he’s got his fingers everywhere. When you have very little knowledge of football and how the NFL operates and you’re all up in it, that’s not good. The results since he’s owned us speak for themselves in proving that point without argument.

My hope is that moving forward, the unmitigated disaster that has been this franchise under his ownership convinces him that he really should just shut up and sit down and let the football people who know the NFL do their jobs. It’s hard enough to win in this league as it is without being handicapped by a guy who has no idea what he’s doing constantly meddling, along with his wife, who for the love of God knows even less.

The less involved the Haslams are, the better the Browns will be, period. All we can do is hope he sits still until he sells the team.

soup
    Participant

My favorite part is the Ray Farmer lies. Truth is he decided to take Gilbert without a workout. He decided a couple days before the draft. Farmer was clueless.

Banner was foisted upon us so Goodell’s favorites of Pittsburgh and BAltimore would continue to win easily. Banner was literally known in league circles as Satan.

Haslam does just need to sit down and shut up. Trust these guys and just go away.

Freedom!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Your home for all things Cleveland Browns

Skip to toolbar