Game balls and Goats Week 2- Jets

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    soup
    Participant

Game balls:

Nick Chubb

Goats:

Joe Woods- worst DC in the NFL
    Stefanski- worst HC in the NFL
    Priefer – worst ST Coach in the NFL
    Cade York – we need to work out kickers. XP miss is inexcusable. He’s not the answer

Freedom!!!

Dawg E. Dawg
    Participant

Cade York? Watch football idiot. Kickers miss all the time.

The browns play 1% defense and that miss is completely irrelevant.

How tf you giving York a goat and not Cooper for getting outmuscled for the ball, or a single DB for not covering Davis? Or Wilson at the end?

soup
    Participant

Cade York? Watch football idiot. Kickers miss all the time.
    The browns play 1% defense and that miss is completely irrelevant.
    How tf you giving York a goat and not Cooper for getting outmuscled for the ball, or a single DB for not covering Davis? Or Wilson at the end?

York missed an XP. A gimme point. We lost by 1. The missed XP literally changed the score to a loss. We need to look for kickers. Inexcusable miss and completely unacceptable

I did a quick count (I could be off on total TDs a couple either way.) 54/56 on XPs today. 1 of the 2 missed was York. It directly played a massive role in the loss. That’s 96% success rate. That miss by York is completely unacceptable. Not only that – but this is an AFC loss which is HUGE.

Freedom!!!

Ice
    Keymaster

As much as it causes me to vomit I have to agree with Soup regarding York. His job is to make extra points 100% of the time. They should be automatic, he didn’t do his job this week. I wouldn’t be complaining if he missed a 72 yard game winner or even a 55 yard game winner. But you miss an extra point then you deserve a goat. It doesn’t mean we’re giving up on the kid forever.

It also doesn’t take away from the other goats on Sunday. I don’t hold York solely responsible for the loss, that was a team loss as much as I’ve ever seen one. Once the clock hit 2 minutes left every part of the team failed in almost every way imaginable. It took multiple miracles for them to come back, and we provided those miracles for them. So many goats for this game.

Dawg E. Dawg
    Participant

I would’ve accepted the Cade York goat IF he’d given one to any DBs at all. They have Corey Davis a free 6 points, and it’s the 2nd week in a row they’ve done it!! If not for Cade York, the backfield would’ve handed us an 0-2 record. They gave up 13 points in 1:25 to a team with no timeouts and Joe Flacco, and somehow he gave York a goat over them.

Also, the Soup “we need to replace him” knee jerk overreaction set me off.

Ice
    Keymaster

Yeah apparently I have a different definition of ‘goat’ than Soup. For me it means someone who contributed to a loss. For Soup it means this person should be kicked off the team, kicked out of the country, and possibly just shot into space without a space suit.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Your home for all things Cleveland Browns

Skip to toolbar